Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Call me a slacker...

I haven't exactly been on top of my blog lately.  It's most likely the adjustment to being home and my "new" life.  My emotions have been a bit crazy the past week and that seems to be taking a lot out of me.  Yesterday all I wanted to do was sleep... and today I was somewhat active, but now I feel as if I could sleep through the night (and it's only 6:21).

I'm following both the doctor and nutritionist's orders, although I'm still not walking as much as I would like.  Hey, there are only so many times you can walk through a cluttered house before you want to scream.  Perhaps if Mother Nature could see fit to stop dumping snow on us every few days I could get out and enjoy some fresh air and walk on the road (which right now is treacherous).  And have I mentioned it is snowing.  Again.

The last storm, which some have dubbed the snowcalypse or snowmaggedon, dumped another two feet in my area and left tons of people without power.  I was without for nearly 26 hours, and I've heard that people in my town are still without.  Now the next storm front has started and it's expected to give us another 7-14 inches.  My neighbors (bless them!) have brought wood up to the house for me since I'm still on lifting restrictions, and have warned me they expect another outage.  Please, Mother Nature can you give us a break?

Weight-wise I'm doing well.  I'm seeing a steady decrease each week on the scale.  I still am not feeling it much in my clothes, but I know that will come in time.  I'm in the "soft/mushy" phase now, and it is honestly nice to have something besides liquids.  The first thing I ate was cottage cheese - my very first craving after leaving the hospital, and it tasted good.  I'm carefully measuring all my portions and taking all my vitamins, the only real "work" is getting in all my protein and liquids each day.  I'm usually very close with the liquids, but have only been close (within .5-1g) on the protein twice.  I think once I get some more protein powders that I like it will be easier to get the liquid protein in me.

Speaking of liquid protein... time to go mix up a batch...

No comments: