Thursday, July 21, 2011

Commuting is fun, right?

I'd like to see a show of hands of everyone who commutes to work.  Hmm... I don't see too many hands raised.  ;)  Anyway, my new job (and the training) require a daily commute.  Goody.  To training my one-way trip is about 66 miles, and I'll be in training for a total of 3 weeks.  Thankfully the commute to my office is a bit less - somewhere around 40 miles one-way.  Last night I did some math and in the previous 24 hour period I had driven 150.5 miles.  Most of that was my commute, the rest was the drive home from the gas station Tuesday night.  That's a fair share of driving for one day.  No wonder I'm tired when I get home.  LOL

Commuting aside training is going well.  Today we're actually working on learning to do a quote in the system.  I'd like a little more background on how to look up customer information in the system for servicing purposes but I don't know that we're going to get a whole lot of that until the final week when we're doing service calls.  Good thing I'm a quick learner.

Yesterday I found out that my P&C license is still valid until September 1.  So yes, girls and boys, that means I rushed to get the licensing exam done for no reason.  I could have screamed.  I guess on the positive side this means it's out of the way.  I also found out I need to get non-resident licenses for DC and MD since my boss carries both and can (and does to an extent) write business there.  So I have to find out how to go about doing that.  Pardon me while I jump.  (Just kidding.)

Other than the weather I don't have anything else to comment on at this time, so I'll put you out of your misery and stop here.  ;)

No comments: