Friday, July 15, 2011

July 14, 2011

12:37p

I hadn’t planned to take a break this early but my computer decided to restart (to finish updates) while I was in the midst of my practice exam.  Words cannot describe how annoyed I was that all the work I’d already done was lost thanks to this restart.  Actually I did say a few words, but they aren’t fit to share.

I got a late start this morning after a poor night’s sleep.  I don’t know why I couldn’t stay asleep last night, but it’s frustrating.  It doesn’t help matters any that I’m not feeling well today.  My ears hurt and the glands in my throat are swollen.  I hope it’s nothing serious – just severe allergies or a minor head cold.  Goodness knows I can’t afford to be sick right now.  I guess a regimen of gargling with warm salted water and drinking extra fluids is called for. 

At least my little break has been productive.  I loaded the dishwasher and have it running, and I ate lunch.  Now that I’m refueled I think it’s time to try that practice exam again…

2:53p

Break number two… and my first “non-pass” result on the practice exam.  I went back and looked over the questions I missed and could kick myself on some of them.  I know this stuff.  I lived it for a number of years, so there is no excuse for stupid mistakes.  Ok, so I haven’t had a lot of experience with business policies so those questions I’m a bit more forgiving of having missed them.  However the others just cause me to shake my head in disbelief.  I need a little break though before going for try number two.  Perhaps I’ll empty the dishwasher and have a little snack – something to give my brain a short break.

5:36p

Break number three… and hallelujah I passed the blasted practice exam on the second try.  Mind you I didn’t pass it by much so I will be doing it again, although maybe not tonight because my brain is feeling a bit jumbled right now.  I want to go to the library but I know I shouldn’t due to financial restrictions (going anywhere right now with the cost of gas is an “as necessary” basis).  So I will sit at home, going a bit stir crazy from the quiet.

I’ve been dreaming of true love’s kiss…

And tonight’s feature film was… Enchanted!  I haven’t watched this one in awhile and I had forgotten how much I love it.  Yes, it falls into the whole fairytale theme that’s been going on but it’s such a fun film as well, mixing animation with live action.  And hey, I didn’t sob my eyes out so it was a good night.  LOL  It does have me wondering something though (since it has such a mix of classic Disney films within it) if a ballroom scene is required for a Disney princess movie.  It just seems as if most of the princess films have a ballroom scene (my favorite being Beauty and the Beast).  Anyone else have a favorite Disney moment (ballroom or not)?

Now that the movie is over I’m trying to wind down a bit.  I need to call it an early night since I open in the morning, and I’ve had the opportunity to be lazy all week and sleep late.  Six o’clock is going to come real early of that you can be sure, but it is my official last day at CVS.  I have a feeling it will take a few weeks to adjust to the 9-5 schedule after an erratic part-time schedule, but I’m looking forward to it.  I’ve been waiting a long time for this moment and I plan to make the most of it.

Okay it is time to mix my pro shake for the morning, gather the kitties up and head off to bed.  *yawn*

1 comment:

dragonladych said...

I think my favourite Disney moment is the Aristocats playing Jazz :)
It was the first movie I ever saw on the big screen when I was about four.

Good luck with the new job!