Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 the Year of Change

While most rung in the New Year with family and/or friends, most likely with lots of food and drink I was at home with the kitties watching DVDs and chatting online. Why? Because I've been sick since well before Christmas and there was no way in hell I was going out. I'm feeling a bit better today - my third day of antibiotics to help kill the respiratory infection I have. At least the fever finally seems to have gone.

Let me back up momentarily to Wednesday. I had a very early appointment to pick up a CPAP machine. Seems those lovely sleep studies I did in October and November found I have sleep apnea. Chances are the surgery will correct the problem. I'm not sure who has (or does) use a CPAP machine, but they definitely take getting used to, and are probably easier to use when one can already breathe without congestion. Sleeping the last two nights hasn't been easy because I'm having a hard enough time breathing due to my current respiratory problems and then adding on this machine which forces air up your nose constantly... Well, it just isn't happening. I'm managing about three hours a night with the machine before I have to take the mask off. I only hope once I'm healthy again that it won't be so difficult to acclimate to the machine.

So now we're up to date through the here and now. I spent today working on a gift for a friend. Why I thought I have the mental capacity to work on Celtic knotwork right now is beyond me, but so far it is looking good. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it tomorrow and mail it Monday. My other "big plans" for the weekend include laundry and dishes, and if I still have energy after those are done I'll work on getting stuff straightened up in the house. I have so much I need and want to do before my surgery and I'm afraid it won't all get done.

I have two days of pre-op tests this week. Tuesday I'll have all the radiological stuff done (x-rays and the like) and Wednesday I'll have blood work and what is called a pre-op physical. Should be two days full of fun - especially Tuesday when I need to be in NoVA by 7:00a. Yikes! I just keep reminding myself that it's moving me closer to my final goal.

No comments: