Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Argh!

Be forewarned, rant ahead!

As my final pre-op visit with Dr. Tran is tomorrow I had called his office yesterday to verify they had received all my test results and the medical release from Dr. Carter.  Leslie (the amazing surgery coordinator for the office) called me this morning and told me several things were missing - including the release.  Now I saw Dr. Carter sign the release, and she assured me that everything would be faxed.  I called her office and spoke with her nurse who assured me she had personally faxed everything.  I was polite and said that sometimes this happens and read off the list of missing items.

Now there were probably 6 or 8 test results that Dr. Tran's office hadn't received.  Two of them were types/levels of thyroid tests.  Her response to why they weren't run was, "The primary test was normal so we didn't see a need to run them."  Apparently I'm supposed to be stupid enough not to realize that they wouldn't know the first test was fine until they got the results back.  But instead of playing that card I said to her, "My surgeon ordered those tests to be done and they should have been regardless."  She didn't have a response to that.  So she said they leave a prescription at the front for me so I could have the remaining tests run.  When I got to the office (a good hour later) the RX still wasn't at the front.  So I asked for the RX and copies of all the blood work results, EKG, urinalysis and the medical release.  The nurse wanted to know why I wanted all that and I informed her it was so I could take it with me to my appointment tomorrow.  Grrrr...

At least the lab that drew the blood is reputable and assured me they would have the results to Dr. Tran no later than Friday.  Thankfully Leslie told me as long as they have them by Monday everything will be fine.

I spent the rest of my day making an appointment to have maintenance done on the Jeep, and then a trip to the dump.  One more load of cardboard boxes and 6 bags of garbage down.  ;-)  Let's see how much more I can accumulate during the house cleaning process.  LOL

No comments: