Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Raspberry lemonade and mint gum do not mix...

In an effort to find ways of curbing my hunger I've taken to chewing sugar-free gum.  Tonight I have come to the not so amazing conclusion that sugar-free raspberry lemonade and mint gum do not blend well - at all.  Guess I'll need to stick to bubble gum flavor with my raspberry lemonade.  ;-)

Day two of the restricted diet has gone well.  I did feel the fatigue this morning from the lowered calorie intake, but once I got myself up and moving it wasn't too bad.  I managed to clean out the fridge and freezer.  It was something (at least regarding the freezer) that should have been done some time back.  It's so empty in there now, I think there is an echo.  LOL  It was a bit rough going through the grocery store knowing that it's going to be some time before I can buy a number of the things I've enjoyed eating.  Today it was a few non-food items and then a couple packages of sugar-free jello and sugar free popsicles.  They're the only things besides the special food that I can eat during these days leading up to my surgery.

Today I also found myself deeply moved by the situation in Haiti.  A magnitude 7 earthquake in California would be horrible, but in one of the poorest countries of the world it is devastating.  The images that are coming from Port-au-prince and the surrounding areas are graphic to say the least: bodies lying in the street and in the debris.  Please, if you are able I ask you to donate to one of the relief programs.  More people will die from lack of water and lack of medical attention/equipment.  Also, say a prayer for those affected by this disaster - including the families and friends of the victims who are living outside Haiti.

No comments: