Friday, January 8, 2010

Why?

I would love to know why when things are going really well someone feels the need to throw a wrench into it.  That's what has happened tonight.


Ever since last month when I told my mom I was having the surgery and that I want her here for it, I was under the impression that she and Fred would be here.  She did nothing to suggest otherwise.  Tonight I spoke with her and it turns out that she hasn't been entirely open with me, and now her doctor is basically forbidding her from making the trip.  He is concerned with the amount of time she'll be in the car for the drive here and back, and how long she'll be away from his care.  Away from his care... yeah.  He can't even entirely figure out what is wrong with her leg (an on-going problem for at least two years now) to properly heal it.  But being angry at him doesn't help or change things.


Now I'm scared to death at how I'm going to coordinate getting to/from the hospital for my surgery.  Gena will have already returned to work and they aren't going to allow her to take the time off, and I don't really have anyone else in this area whom I can ask.  I know Gena will come stay with me for a few days once I'm home, but my main concern is the initial travel surrounding my surgery.  It is times like these I truly dislike living so far away from everything.


However I think the worst part is that I'm now second guessing things.  I'm trying to tell myself that everything will work out fine, but right now all I want to do is cry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that once you've slept over it, it will look brighter. But I can imagine how scary it must be to have to go on your own.
Too bad I live so far away.

Maybe the hospital people will have suggestions for you? You can't be the only patient who has that sort of problem? Is there a hotel patients can go to? Well not a good solution either, I would hate to be in a hotel in such a stressful moment. But at the worst?