Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rainy days and Mondays...

Ok, so the rain today didn't get me down but it also didn't inspire me to do much.  I did have a really wonderful afternoon with my friend Gena.  She came over to visit for a couple hours.  We chatted about some of the things she's been finding since her surgery and about the different products that are available to help us get our protein. Plus I got to show her some of my photos she hadn't seen before.  Overall it was a really enjoyable time.  Even Mina had a good time playing with her. :-)

Tonight I'm relaxing.  I just got off the phone with Manda to confirm how we're working next week.  We'll talk again the end of the week after I see Dr. Tran.  We just need a better idea of how long the surgery will take so we can determine whether or not she'll be able to stay until I've been moved into recovery.  If she can't I'll get Gena to come up when she gets off work.  Regardless everything seems to be covered.  Well nearly everything...

I'm still trying to decide if I need someone to come stay with me for a few days post-op.  I know Gena is more than willing and Manda would if she didn't have to be at work in DC each night.  I just hate feeling like a burden to my friends.  There may be one other possibility, but it would be a bit more work to pull it off so it's probably out of the question.

Other than that one little "hiccup" everything is going really well.  Over the next couple days I need to concentrate on cleaning up the guest room and laundry.  It's all falling into place now.  :-)

No comments: