Friday, January 22, 2010

Argh! Take 2...

I don't need to rant as much as yesterday, but it's still a rant.  I had my final pre-op visit today.  We went over my test results from the labs and such, and everything looked fine... almost.  My white cell count was high.  I expected that, but had forgotten to tell them that it would probably be high.  How did I know?

A number of years ago (I believe in 2006) I was referred to a hematologist who ran a series of tests to determine why my white count was high - always.  He deduced after a number of tests that my white cell count is higher than average and said that it isn't entirely uncommon.  So he wrote up a report and sent it to my primary care.  I didn't really think about it since.  Until today.

So, I've been set on a mission to get a letter from either my primary care or the hematologist - or both if possible.  The problem is that the records are in both office's archives.  The hematologist's office seemed far more helpful that my primary care.  If worse comes to worse I'm going to head over to the primary care Saturday and see Sherri.  She'll personally write me the letter, which is good.  One way or another I will get this letter!

After all the drama on the phone with the two different offices, I got to drive home in rush hour traffic in sleet. *sigh*  I stopped at the store on the way home to stock up on things I'll need next week.  I now have lots of broth, smooth low-fat cream-style soups, sugar-free jello and sugar-free pudding.  Yum!

In a nutshell, I'm ready.  Now to get all the doctors lined-up and in order.  ;-)

No comments: