Sunday, January 17, 2010

9 Days!

Wow!  It doesn't seem possible that I am a mere 9 days out from surgery!  It seems like I just began the journey a few weeks ago, when I actually started the initial inquiries the end of September.  Wow.  I am so thankful to have my family and such great friends who are supporting my decision.  It really is an entire change of lifestyle and I'm ready for it.

One neat thing that happened this weekend bears mentioning.  I was checking my MySpace account and was surprised to see I had a message in my inbox.  I didn't recognize the person who sent it, but it contained a link to an article and the question of whether or not I was the person in said article.  OMG.  It was an article in the Freelance Star from when I was all of 5 years old!  If you'd like to take a look at the article, you can find it here. Veronica said she found the article when she did a Google search of her name, and then did a search for me.  She said she thought my profile pic looked enough like the Sarah in the picture that she took a chance.  Isn't it amazing how you don't see/speak to someone for 30 years and suddenly there they are?  Amazing the world we live in now!

No comments: